Hope everyone had a wonderful day on the 4th.. We had a nice family day, for the most part just relaxing.. My girls did some fireworks at night that were fun, nothing big but they enjoyed it..
So the main reason I am posting is to share an awesome Blueberry Buckle cake that my daughter and her friend made yesterday..
It was a modified receipe that hubby found on All receipes and it was so delicous.. So wanted to share with you..
4th of July Blueberry Buckle Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk - probably will be more towards 1 1/2 cups since batter is very thick
- 4 cups fresh blueberries – 5 cups is better!!!
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Preheat over to about 375 degrees grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into greased 9 x 13. baking pan.
- For topping, combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
This was great served with some fresh whipped cream..
Hope you guys get to try this, I know you will enjoy it..